Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Goal #2 - Check

I hit 20 lbs this week! Yea! I didn't post last week because I gained 1/2lb and I was too depressed to write about it. My family had been in town for 4 days and I had eaten not so great (ie Blue Bayou, Rainforest Cafe, BJs, buttermilk syrup - you get the picture) so I didn't expect to lose, but I didn't want to gain. It has been my only step backwards since I started and I was glad that it was only a 1/2lb and not 5lbs. Phew! This week I've been exercising almost everyday and I dropped 4lbs. Wahoo!!!!! I'm still going to aerobics on T/Th at church and my friends and I have started walking on MWF in the mornings. I know that has really helped. Plus, I've been really strict on my daily point and not dipping into my Flex Points. I don't know if I will make 30lbs by my birthday on the 21st, because that means I have to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks, but if I make 25lbs I will be thrilled. I am really hoping to get to 50lbs by June. If I continue on my current route, I can do it.

So I had to go back to my original post about the weight loss journey to see what my "reward" for 20lbs is and it's a pedicure. I think I will hold off using it until the end of the month because I already had a pedicure in February using my Christmas present from my MIL.


Here are the original goals and rewards. However, I am still keeping a daily food journal, I don't make a weekly meal plan anymore, I just copy what I did in weeks previous, I'm finally exercising 5 times a week, I do eat candy and sweets M-F because I have to count the points, and I eat after The Boy goes to sleep if I have points I need to use. So, I've pretty much changed them all, but it was something good to get me started.

1. I will keep a daily food journal for one month.
2. I will make a weekly meal plan.
3. I will exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes.
4. I will not eat candy or sweets Monday - Friday.
5. I will not eat french fries at all until March 21st.
6. I will not eat after The Boy goes to bed.

When I lose:
10 lbs - a movie date with mi esposo
20 lbs - pedicure
30 lbs - a new pair of pants
40 lbs - facial
50 lbs - use my gift certificate to the spa

No comments: