Thursday, July 27, 2006

He's Back!


Well, Morgan Spurlock is finally back with his new editions of "30 Days" and I am very excited. I watched the first episode today and was very moved by the content. They paired a border patrolling minuteman with a family of illegal immigrants. The minuteman was, himself, an immigrant from Cuba, however he came over legally. I understand both sides of the debate and I feel the emotion from both sides. The family shares their sadness with him about not being able to return to Mexico to visit family, so Frank goes to visit where they lived. It is nothing more than a shack and the well where they draw their water a swamp hole. They came for a better life and by the end of the 30 days Frank can't blame them. I can't either. This was an excellent pairing for the first episode and it really made me think. I wish there was a good solution for both sides.

No comments: