Saturday, December 30, 2006

My New Yer's Resolution - In Writing

Well, I've been trying to kick this baby weight for far too long and have become frustrated. Then, I realized that I hadn't ever actually put my goals and the plan to reach those goals in writing. So, I decided that may be the key to my success and so today I sat down and penned the motivational words that are going to keep me on track. After I wrote them in red pen in my "notebook of all trades", I decided that posting them here on my blog would be a great idea because then my blogger friends (ho, Melissa!) could share in my journey and success. I will periodically, probably when I reach each milestone, let you know how I am doing and also record the frustrations that are sure to come along. I started this journey once before - about the same time of year 8 years ago. I had resolved that before my 20th birthday I wanted to lose weight and feel good about myself again. I did it. I lost about 70 pounds in 7 months and kept the weight off for about 5 years. Then, I let the exercise slip and the nutrition slip and then I got pregnant. That did not make for a recipe for success. So, here I am again - 8 years older and a little less spry - but willing to work hard to reach my goals.

1. I will keep a daily food journal for one month.

2. I will make a weekly meal plan.

3. I will exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes.

4. I will not eat candy or sweets Monday - Friday.

5. I will not eat french fries at all until March 21st.

6. I will not eat after The Boy goes to bed.


When I lose:

10 lbs - a movie date with mi esposo

20 lbs - pedicure

30 lbs - a new pair of pants

40 lbs - facial

50 lbs - use my gift certificate to the spa

No comments: