Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Progress

I'm lucky I was already in the "get up at 6am and exercise" routine before vacation last week, so I'm happy to report that I went to the gym yesterday and today. Yesterday I got a 2.5 mile run in and today I used the recumbent bike. My plantar fasciitis has been behaving itself as of late and I don't want to aggravate it by running everyday. However, the Disneyland 5K is quickly approaching and I've got to get up to 3 miles before September 5th. I can do it.

I stocked the house with veggies and fruits and I'm doing really well at not eating cakes/cookies/ice cream Mon-Sat. However, I'm having a dickens of a time with no candy. I admit I've eaten some Hi-Chews that we got from Costco each day. So I'm going to have to work on the goal a little bit more, but I'm proud to not have eaten ice cream at all this week because I've really been craving it. Just say no. I actually had book club last night and decided not to go because I knew there we would treats and since I hadn't read the book, I knew I'd just want to snack and chat. I'm sad to have missed, but I needed to stay strong and I was feeling pretty weak last night.

1 comment:

Kikal said...

I think your side bar should quote Bob yelling at Joelle :)